VACANCY: NCS PROGRAMMES COORDINATOR
VACANCY: NCS PROGRAMMES COORDINATOR
Overall Purpose of The Role
Huddersfield Community Trust based at The Zone in Huddersfield have been commissioned to expand the delivery of The National Citizen Service (NCS) programme and will now be the prime delivery partner in Huddersfield. The NCS programme offers 16 and 17 year-olds from different backgrounds the opportunity to build skills for future work and life. The scheme aims to bring young people from different backgrounds together to develop greater confidence, self-awareness and responsibility. It encourages personal and social development by working on skills like leadership, teamwork and communication. The skills learned through voluntary social action are widely documented to have a positive impact on the employability skills of a young person.
Knowledge Skills and Experience Required
- Manage the setup of high quality and locally grounded programs delivering throughout summer and autumn seasons
- Ensure quality community projects are in place to allow young people to make a difference in their local communities
- Plan key logistics for delivery, including liaising with transport providers, food delivery and accommodation venues
- Responsibility for monitoring all seasonal staff recruitment and enrolment in support of our staffing coordinator
- Build key stake holder partnerships within the local community to provide further opportunities with phase 3A and B of programme delivery
- Support all delivery programs, working with programme managers closely to ensure best practice at all times
- Oversee staff training and seasonal staff development
- Attend regional meetings, national conferences and YH2 forum meetings
- Support on the national innovation pilot with Kirklees council
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Experience in management
- Experience of project development
- Experience of working with diverse community groups and generating partnerships
- Experience of managing critical incidents effectively
- Good knowledge of NCS
- Good organisational skills
- Able to work collaboratively with people on projects across various departments and locations
- Advanced excel skills to determine and produce statistical data
- NCS experience
- Experience with local community organisations and charities
- Salesforce and MI reporting experience
- Skills of HR and recruitment of staff.
Contacts and Relationships
To be able to work effectively with colleagues and be a team player and uphold a professional image
towards parents, young people and other members of the public.
As the work will involve substantial access to young people all successful applicants will have to provide
satisfactory CRB disclosure at the enhanced level of their suitability to work with children before an
- Hours of work will be 37.5 hours per week.
- Salary £18,000-£21,000
- To arrive at the designated premises in time to prepare for the commencement of the activities.
- Office Based in Huddersfield at the Zone
- Travel will be required
- Programme delivery/support will be required
- Admin support will be required
Post holders will be expected to be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to their post and may be asked to perform other duties, which reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility. This job description is provided for guidance only and does not form part of the contract of employment.
The deadline for applications is Friday 9th February 2018.
Please apply through submission of a CV and covering letter to:
Finance & HR Assistant
St Andrews Rd
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org