Rugby League Development Programme
Do you enjoy playing Rugby League?
Are you pursuing an opportunity to play Rugby League at an elite level?
Do you want to train and play in a professional Rugby League environment?
Are you looking for a first class Education that will allow you to progress to University?
Are you interested in pursuing a career working within the sporting industry?
Huddersfield Elite Sports Education Academy offer a Rugby League Development Programme in partnership with Huddersfield Giants RLFC.
The programme provides an additional phase in the Huddersfield Giants performance pathway and offers school leavers the opportunity to represent Huddersfield Giants Category 3 Academy alongside a first class Education in sport. The scholars will represent Huddersfield Giants in the College Rugby League and will benefit from an elite player development programme consisting of weekly training sessions, strength and conditioning and competitive fixtures, all under the leadership of highly qualified Rugby League coaches.
Alongside the player development programme the scholars will study the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport Performance and Excellence. The 2-year qualification is the equivalent to 3 A-Levels and provides students with a valuable insight into the variety of subjects within the sporting industry. Physiology, psychology, nutrition and fitness testing are just some of the Rugby League related subject areas that will be explored.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in ‘Sport Performance & Excellence’ (Equivalent to 3 A-Levels)
- 15 hours of Education per week
- Maths & English provision
- Lessons carried out at The Zone
- Extensive coaching programme carried out by professional Rugby League coaches
- Competitive weekly fixtures in the College Rugby League
- Strength and conditioning programme
- University degree
- Job opportunities within the sporting industry
- Career as a professional Rugby League player